Here are some ideas to make this an exciting time for you and your kids:
* Make popcorn (it can be microwave popcorn- just add extra melted butter).
* Theature candy (snow caps, twizzlers, good-n-plenty).
* Lay out blankets and pillows (Kids love sitting on the floor and snuggling up in a blanket).
Make it extra special and have your child choose the movie. Multiple kids? Each time you do this event, have your next child choose the movie.
"Family Movie Night" doesn't have to be every weekend, but make it a priority to do this event at least once a month. It's a great way for your whole family to be together. Your kids will love you for it!
"Movie Date Night". If you are low on cash and can't afford a baby-sitter, then have a date night with your spouse.
* Put the kids to bed!
* Cuddle up on the couch with blankets.
* Make some hot chocolate
* Rent a fun romance/comedy or a really cool thriller.
Try it this weekend! Share in the experience and enjoy each other's company.
P.S. The worship song choice for the weekend is Chris Rice's "What If Cartoons Got Saved". A great song to get you excited about spending time with your kids! This song is unique and will definitely make you smile!
Listen to "What If Cartoons Got Saved" here:
All posts are the sole property of the Heart Like Jesus blog. You must obtain permission to use any of the information on this blog.