Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Looking Backwards

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV)


Yes, you've messed up, but your different now. You've asked for forgiveness, you've stopped doing what has harmed yourself and others. It's time to stop looking backwards!

It's time to stop looking back at your pain- your failure- your betrayal- your old life. God is wanting to give you something better; something new.

There is a new beginning waiting for you if you are willing to grab hold of it.
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I
am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19 (NIV)

To amplify what God is saying to you in more modern words, read it from The Message: "Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history.

Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.

It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is!
I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands."

God's saying "I want to do a new thing- I want to start a new chapter in your life." In order to start a new chapter you must "forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." If you want a fresh beginning and start a new chapter, you must stop looking backwards.

God is speaking to you, "Let it go, give it over to me. Hurry, because what I have for you is springing up, it's bursting out! I will cleanse you of all the bad things you have done in your life. Bring me with you and I will give you springs of blessings."

God forgives you. . . it's time for you to forgive yourself.

><>


All posts are the sole property of the Heart Like Jesus blog. You must obtain permission to use any of the information on this blog.

No comments: