Thursday, January 29, 2009

Water of Life

"Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:13-14 (NIV)


In John 4, you will read a story about a woman who had a very long drought in her life. She had been in a series of relationships with men that she thought would satisfy the needs of her heart.

"He (Jesus) told her, "Go, call your husband and come back."

"I have no husband," she replied.

Jesus said to her, "You are right when you say you have no husband. The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true."

As the ole country song goes, "Lookin' for love in all the wrong places". Maybe all your "wells"- your relationships are all dried-up. You've been abused in your life by your dad, a step-father or an uncle. Somewhere along the way you feel all used-up, you're ruined and no one wants a girl that has been violated. So, you find yourself being a loser-magnet and settling for men who mistreat you; continuing to violate you. You set the bar low because your self-worth is very minimal.

Maybe you had a dad who ran out on you a long time ago. Not realizing that he ran out on your mom- not you. You try to find acceptance and security in any guy who gives you the attention you need. You figure that if you give yourself up to him, he will stay with you. The next thing you know these guys get the one thing they want and they leave you anyways. Leaving you feeling worthless, regretful and devalued.

Lonely. Wanting to experience love- you give yourself up to someone in order to wash away the loneliness. Know it's wrong to have sex but, you do it anyways. You figure, even for a moment, you can be in the security and love of a companion. You realize these moments are fleeting. The pain and emptiness afterwards far exceeds the feeling of love.

Just like the woman in this story, you are desperately needing something to satisfy the thirst. Jesus is saying to YOU, "whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Jesus is talking about a source of spiritual fulfillment that no one on earth could ever offer you- and it would be everlasting. If you are willing to receive it, Jesus will fill you with a source of peace and satisfaction in your soul.

Pray: "Jesus, I am sorry for cutting off the source of your love in my life. Because of my poor decisions, my sins, I have separated myself from you. My heart is broken and my life is full of pain. I need your forgiveness and cleansing on my life. I want to pin all my trust on you. I realize now that you died on the cross for me. Thank you for being the ultimate sacrifice so that I can be saved and have an eternal relationship with You. I love you, Jesus"

Don't go another day without Jesus. Feeling devalued? He sees you as priceless. Full of regrets and pains? He wants you to cast all your anxiety and pain on Him. Feeling lost and alone? He wants you to be a part of His family eternally.

Jesus loves you so much. He is the lover you've been longing for.

><>


All posts are the sole property of the Heart Like Jesus blog. You must obtain permission to use any of the information on this blog.

No comments: