Monday, January 19, 2009

Guilt


"When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Selah " Psalm 32:3-4


There was a time in David's life where he was consumed by shame... guilt. It was eating away at him slowly to the point that he could do nothing but think about his regrets. His past was literally draining the life out of him.

It is easy to be manipulated by memories; controlled by the past. Silently punishing yourself with shame. Guilt takes over and it consumes your thoughts and can make you physically ill. You can never look forward at the hope of the future, because you are constantly replaying your past over and over.

Pastor Rick Warren said, "We are products of our past, but we don't have to be prisoners of it."

God’s purpose for you life isn't miserable guilt. God specializes in giving you a “fresh start.”

David found the answer to fixing his guilty past, read verse 5: "Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD " and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah."

There is forgiveness and hope waiting for you if you are willing to receive it. Don't hide it, don't bundle it up inside until it consumes your very being. God wants you to release it- confess your guilt to the Lord and He will forgive you.

"Selah" ; the Hebrew translation can mean to pause or to lift up.

><>


All posts are the sole property of the Heart Like Jesus blog. You must obtain permission to use any of the information on this blog.

No comments: