"BULLETIN BLOOPERS AND BLUNDERS"
(A compilation of actual Church Bulletin and Service bloopers)
* Don't let worry kill you--let the church help.
* Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
* Weight Watchers will meet a 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
* Jean will be leading a weight-management series Wednesday nights. She's use the program herself and has been growing like crazy!
* This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
* Thursday night--Potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
* The senior choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
* At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.
* The preacher will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth With Joy."
* The Rev. Adams spoke briefly, much to the delight of his audience.
* The eighth graders will be presenting Shakespeare's "Hamlet": in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
* Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
* The associate minister unveiled the church's new giving campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge--Up Yours."
My personal favorite:
* A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
If you would like to read all of them, then go to: http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/HumorHotline/bbloopers.html
Rumor has it, church seats are complaining about being cold and lonely. Respond to them by caressing one with your tush and show them you care. Church is this Sunday!
Have a great weekend!
All posts are the sole property of the Heart Like Jesus blog. You must obtain permission to use any of the information on this blog.