Thursday, August 21, 2008

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - Made Fresh Daily

I love Krispy Kreme Donuts!

My two weaknesses for desserts are fresh baked cookies and fresh, fluffy, chewy, delicious Krispy Kreme donuts. Not the sprinkles or the jelly-filled kinds. Just give me the basic glazed or chocolate glazed donut and I will be in junk food heaven!

There is a gas station by me that delivers fresh, Krispy Kreme donuts every morning. It's a treat whenever I can stop in and grab me a donut (or two). I haven't gone for a while because I am in a wedding and it's creeping up very fast. I need to make sure the tuxedo fits!

In this day and age of processed, frozen foods, it's nice to have something made fresh daily.

Today, in God's word, I was reading Exodus 16. This is when God's people are in the wilderness outside of Egypt and before entering the Promise Land. They were in the Wilderness of Sin for weeks.

The Bible says that all the men of the congregation were yelling at Moses and Aaron saying, and I paraphrase, "We miss our savory pot roasts, our loaves of bread. You say you are saving us from the armies of Egypt, but you are starving us to death! Are you bringing us out here to die?"

Well, God hears their grumbling and tells Moses, vs.4-5 "Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day's portion every day, that I may test them, whether or not they will walk in My instruction.

On the sixth day, when they prepare what they bring in, it will be twice as much as they gather daily."

Moses says to the people, "You will know that it was the LORD when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the LORD."

God instructed them to only take as much mana, flakey-bread, as needed and leave the rest. Well, as usual, greed and lack of faith kicks in and some of them start to stock up on the mana, because they wanted to save some for the next day. In vs. 20, it says, "However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them."

God never intended to give them day old food. He was giving them the very best, fresh, flakey bread each morning. It was a bad idea for them to horde the food. They had very little faith in God's provision and they were willing to settle for the stale stuff, instead of the fresh food God lovingly provided for them each morning.

Now, I can't totally fault them- what if the land was full of glazed Krispy Kreme donuts? Seriously, would you like a warm, fresh donut each morning or a donut that has been sitting out for a day? You know my choice!

God is saying to you, every morning break open the bread of life(the Bible) and let me feed you with my goodness. Discover what God wants to give you each morning in order for you to get through your day. Digest the verses He has shown you so you can have strength to walk through your daily wilderness of life.

Allow God to "rain bread from heaven for you" each morning!
"The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23(NASB)


P.S. To the dessert lovers: Did you notice that desserts spelled backwards is "stressed"? This has just confirmed that whenever we are stressed, we need to eat more desserts! (Or stressed from the pounds we gain from eating desserts.)

Have a great day in the Lord!

><>


All posts are the sole property of the Heart Like Jesus blog. You must obtain permission to use any of the information on this blog.

No comments: